State Bank of India provides Cheque Book to each and every customer. However, you should keep your SBI Cheque Book at safe place. You must verify your Cheque details and Amount before giving it to any other person. In case you have Lost your Cheque, you have to contact SBI to Stop Cheque Payment from your Bank Account.
How to Stop Cheque Payment in SBI Online
You can Stop your Cheque Payment through SBI Online Net Banking without visiting SBI Bank Branch. In case you don’t have Internet Banking Facility, you can Register for SBI Net Banking Online at www.onlinesbi.com. You can also visit SBI Branch to Stop Payment of your Cheque. The Branch will take action and Stop Cheque Payment immediately.
Methods to Stop Cheque Payment in SBI Online
There are two different methods for Stop Cheque Payment in SBI which are as follows:
- Stop Cheque Payment in SBI through SBI Online Net Banking
- Stop Cheque Payment by Visiting SBI Bank Branch
Stop Cheque Payment in SBI through SBI Online Net Banking
Before you proceed to Stop Cheque Payment, you should have Registered for SBI Internet Banking Facility and Created your Profile on SBI Online Portal at www.onlinesbi.com. If you have completed both the processes given above, then go through following steps to Stop your Cheque Payment:
- Go to SBI Net Banking Portal at www.onlinesbi.com.
- Login with your User Name and Password.
- Select e-Services tab and click on Stop Cheque Payment option.
- Select SBI Account Number from which your Cheque is issued and lost/stolen.
- Enter First 03 Digits and Last 03 Digits of your Lost/Stolen Cheque Number.
- Select Cheque Type as Normal Cheque or Multi City Cheque.
- Choose Reason for Stop Cheque Payment i.e. Lost or Stolen.
- Accept Terms & Conditions and Submit the details.
- Verify Cheque details and click on Confirm button to Stop your Cheque Payment instantly.
Stop Cheque Payment by Visiting SBI Bank Branch
In order to Stop Cheque Payment, you should visit SBI Bank Branch with your Passbook, Aadhaar Card and Cheque Number of Lost/Stolen Cheque. Then provide your documents to an SBI Executive and ask to Stop your Cheque Payment. The SBI Executive will Submit your Request in Computer and inform you about Successful Stop Cheque Payment.…